- The personal data we collect
- How we collect your data
- How we use your data
- Marketing, advertising and cookie preferences
- Links to third party websites and services
- How we share your data
- Your rights
- How to contact us
Dragon Bleu is a distance selling website for sporting goods.
SAS DRAGON BLEU 5-7, Rue du Sagittaire 94150 is the entity responsible for processing your personal data collected via the site https://euro.venum.com.
The contact details of our data protection officer responsible for overseeing matters relating to this privacy notice are SAS DRAGON BLEU, 7, Rue du Sagittaire 94150 RUNGIS.
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
We take the protection of your personal data seriously and are committed to handling it correctly, lawfully and transparently. This privacy notice sets out the types of personal data we collect about you and how it is used.
We collect and use your personal data only to:
- Fulfill your orders
- Keep you informed of the latest offers and trends
- Provide you with a better shopping experience
- Offer you products that are more tailored to your preferences and interests
- Improve our services
- Meet our legal obligations
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR DATA
We have implemented appropriate security and organizational safeguards to protect your data from accidental or unauthorized loss, use, access, modification or disclosure.
Communication between your browser and our website uses a secure encrypted connection in all contexts where your personal data is involved.
We require all third parties engaged to process your personal data on our behalf to implement security measures to protect your data and to process it in accordance with the law.
In the unfortunate event of a personal data breach, we will notify you and any applicable regulatory body to the extent we are required to do so by law.
THE PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
Personal data is information about an individual from which that individual can be identified. It does not include anonymized data, where identity and identifying information have been removed.
Although our site is designed for the general public, we do not knowingly collect information from children under the legal age limit of the country in which they reside, nor do we sell products to them. If you are under the legal age limit, you are not permitted to use or submit information to our site.
We collect personal data in the following categories:
- Identity data includes information such as: first name, last name, title, date of birth (optional) and gender.
- Contact data includes information such as: email address, billing address, shipping address, country, phone number, loyalty program membership number and social network ID (if you are connecting via a social network).
- Physical data such as your weight and height in order to best guide you to the right size.
- Financial data includes information such as payment card and bank account information. However, we do not retain these after payment.
- Transaction Data includes information such as details of your purchases and order fulfillment (cart number, order number, subtotal, title, currency, discounts, shipping, number of items, item price only, category, tax, etc.); payments to and from you, and details of other products and services you have obtained from us, correspondence or communications with you regarding your orders, and details of rewards and incentives awarded.
- Technical Data includes information about the devices used to access our Services, your IP address, login data, username and password, browser type and version, time zone and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
- Profile Data includes information such as purchases or orders you have made, product and style interests, preferences, comments and survey responses.
- Usage data includes information such as how and when you use our site/app, your browsing patterns, what you searched for; site or app performance statistics, traffic, location, weblogs and other communication data; loyalty program activities; and details of any other products and services you use.
- Marketing and communications data includes information such as: your preferences for receiving promotional campaigns from us and our third parties, and your communication preferences.
We also collect, use and share aggregated data such as statistical or demographic data applicable for any purpose. Aggregate data may be derived from your personal data, but is not considered personal data because it does not reveal your identity directly or indirectly. For example, we may aggregate your usage data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific site feature. However, if we combine or link aggregate data with your personal data to identify you directly or indirectly, we will treat the combined data as personal data to be used in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
How we collect your data
We may collect personal data about you in the following ways:
- Direct interactions - you may provide us with your identity, contact, financial, transaction, profile, and marketing and communication data (as described above) by filling out forms, entering information online, or corresponding with us by mail, phone, email, telephone, or otherwise. This includes personal data that you provide, for example, in the following circumstances:
- when you create an account or purchase products on our website;
- when you sign up for our newsletter, discussion forums, social networking sites;
- when you enter a contest;
- When you join a Venum loyalty program;
- when you participate in a market research survey;
- When you contact us for information or to report a problem (by phone, email, social networks or messaging service);
- when you connect to our site via social networks.
- automated technologies or interactions
- Third Parties We may receive personal data about you from third party companies, including:
Technical data from third party companies, including analytics providers such as Google.
Technical data from partner networks through which you have accessed our site;
Identity and contact data from social networking platforms when you connect to our site through one of these platforms;
Contact, financial and transactional information from technical, payment and delivery service providers.
HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
Legal basis for processing your personal data
We collect and process your personal data only as permitted by law. As a data controller, the law allows us to collect and use your personal data under different conditions depending on the method and purpose of collection.
We collect your personal data only if:
- we have your consent to do so,
- we need your personal data to perform a contract with you. For example, to process a payment you make, fulfill your orders, or provide you with support in connection with an order,
- the processing of this data is in our legitimate interests and is not overridden by your rights,
we have a legal obligation to collect or disclose your personal data.
How we use your personal information
Your personal data is used by Venum to support a range of different activities. These activities are listed in the table below along with the types of data used and the legal basis for our processing, including, where applicable, our legitimate interests. Please note that we may process your personal data in different ways permitted by law, depending on the specific activity concerned. Please contact us if you need more details on the specific legal basis we rely on to process your personal data where more than one purpose has been set out in the table below.
||Type of data
||Legal basis for data processing, including legitimate interests
|Create an account and register as a new customer (directly or via social networks).
- Executing a contract with you
|To process and deliver your order, including the following activities: recording your order details; keeping you informed of order status; processing payments and refunds, collecting funds owed to us; and making automated decisions for fraud prevention and detection.
- Fulfilling a contract with you
- Necessary for our legitimate interests (e.g. to collect debts owed to us)
- For automated decisions, it is in our legitimate interest to ensure the implementation of measures for the detection and prevention of fraud to ensure that fraudsters cannot benefit from our services; We also consider it necessary for the conclusion of a contract with you that we are able to verify your identity and prevent fraud.
|To manage our relationship with you by: providing you with any information, products and services you request; notifying you of changes to our services, terms and conditions or privacy notices; and asking you to leave a comment or participate in a survey.
- Marketing and Communications
- To fulfill a contract with you
- Necessary for our legitimate interests (keeping our records up to date and studying how customers use our products and services)
|To allow you to participate in a contest, event or survey, or to receive a gift certificate for purchases on our site.
- Marketing and communications
- Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers use our products and services, to develop them and our business)
- When you have decided to enter a competition or event, for the performance of a contract with you
|Administer, protect and improve our business and site/application, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, data analysis, reporting and data hosting; set default options for you, such as language and currency.
- Marketing and communications
- Necessary for our legitimate interests (to manage our business, provide administrative and IT services, network security, and fraud detection and prevention)
- Necessary to comply with a legal obligation
|To provide you with content, online advertisements and information relevant to you, and to measure the effectiveness of the advertisements provided.
- Marketing and Communications
- Necessary for our legitimate interests (studying how customers use our products and services, developing them, developing our business and informing our marketing strategy)
|Use data analysis to: improve our site, products, services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences ;
and for market research, statistical and survey purposes.
- Necessary for our legitimate interests (defining the types of customers for our products and services, keeping our site current and relevant, developing our business and informing our marketing strategy)
|Notify you or remind you by e-mail of any task performed via our site that remains unfinished, such as incomplete orders or abandoned carts.
- Necessary for our legitimate interests (improving our customers' shopping experience)
|To protect our customers and Venum Group sites against fraud and theft
- Necessary for our legitimate interests (to detect and prevent fraud)
|Recommend products, services, discounts and offers that may be of interest to you, including by sending you such information by email, postal mail or SMS.
- Marketing and communications
- Necessary for our legitimate interests (developing our products and services and growing our business) or Consent.
We only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another purpose and that the other purpose is compatible with the original purpose. If we wish to use your personal data for any other purpose, we will inform you and explain the legal basis for doing so. We may process personal data without your consent, in accordance with the above rules, where required or permitted by law. If you have any questions about VENUM's use of your personal data, please contact our Data Protection Officer at SAS DRAGON BLEU, 7, Rue du Sagittaire 94150 RUNGIS FRANCE.
How long we keep your personal data
We will not retain your personal data longer than is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was provided and to ensure compliance with our legal obligations. Further details of our data retention periods are available on request.
MARKETING PREFERENCES, ADVERTISING AND COOKIES
Marketing - your preferences
We may send you marketing communications and promotional offers:
- if you have opened an account with us or purchased products from us, or if you have signed up for a promotion or event, and have not opted out of receiving the marketing communication in question (in accordance with your preferences, as explained below);
- by e-mail if you have subscribed to our newsletters;
- if you provided us with your contact information when you entered a contest and you have consented to receive such marketing communications (in accordance with your preferences, as explained below).
We may use your identity, contact, technical, transactional, usage, profile, and marketing and communication data to provide you with insights into what we think may be of interest to you and to send you information about products and offers that may be relevant to you.
We will ask you for your preferences for receiving marketing communications via email, postal mail, SMS and other communication channels.
From time to time, we may also include in your order promotional items, services or offers from other third party companies that may be of interest to you.
For third party marketing communications, we will obtain your explicit consent before sharing your personal data with third parties for marketing purposes.
You will always have full control over your marketing preferences. If you no longer wish to receive marketing information from us (or from a third party, if applicable), at any time:
- you can unsubscribe or 'opt out' of communications by using the unsubscribe button and following the link included in the footer of any marketing email; or
- account holders may withdraw their consent by simply accessing My Account and changing their 'Contact Preferences'.
We will process all unsubscribe requests as soon as possible, but please note that due to the nature of our computer systems and servers, it may take a few days for any unsubscribe request to be fulfilled.
Our online ads keep you connected to our news and products. Like many other companies, we display banners and advertisements when you browse other websites and applications, based on your contact, technical, usage and profile data. We do this by using a variety of digital marketing networks and ad exchanges and a range of advertising technologies such as web beacons, pixels, ad tags, cookies and mobile identifiers. But also specific services offered by certain sites and social networks such as Facebook's personalized audience service.
How do we use analytics and targeted advertising?
Through a variety of analytics and targeted advertising tools, we display relevant content to you on our site and online advertisements on other sites and applications (as described above), provide you with relevant content through commercial advertisements, and evaluate the effectiveness of the advertising provided. For example, we use tools such as Google Analytics to analyze interest-based targeted advertising data and/or third-party consumer data (such as age, gender and interests) to target and improve marketing campaigns, marketing strategies and content on our site. We may use other tools offered by third parties, such as Facebook, to perform similar tasks, using your contact, technical, usage and profile data.
To disable targeted advertising, simply disable your 'cookies' in your browser settings or, disable the settings applied to the relevant third party.
If you would like more information about the data collected by these third parties or how they use it, please contact us.
Links to third-party websites and services
Our site may, from time to time, contain links from and to other sites in our networks, advertising and affiliate partners, or to social networking platforms. If you click on any of these links, please note that these sites have their own privacy policies and that we are not responsible for those policies. Please review those policies before submitting your personal data to those sites.
How we share your data
We may share your personal information with the parties listed below:
- if you have consented to do so. For example, if you have consented to receive commercial offers from third parties or relating to third party products and services' (including those offered as part of a co-branded or joint campaign), we may share your information with such third parties for the purpose of sending you such announcements;
- to business partners, suppliers, contractors and any other third parties we use in connection with our business, for the purposes set out in the table above in the "How we use your data" section, including:
- third party service providers we hire to supply computer systems and software and to host our site;
- third-party payment processors, including Stripes, Paypal and, in some countries, Scalapay, that process your payment to us. Venum Dragon Bleu does not store your payment information. Your payment information is provided to the payment processing service you select, which complies with applicable regulations. These third-party payment processors process your data as;
- third-party service providers we use to deliver the products you order and to handle returns;
- third-party service providers with whom we subcontract to send you emails and postal mail, including regarding incomplete orders or abandoned shopping carts or commercial announcements, to provide data cleansing services and marketing and advertising services;
- providers of analytics systems and search engines that assist us in improving and optimizing our site partner networks through which you have accessed our site;
- any third party to whom we may decide to sell, transfer or merge parts of our business or assets. In addition, we may seek to acquire or merge with other companies. In the event of a change in ownership, the new owners have the right to use your personal information in the same manner as the previous owners under the terms of this Privacy Notice.
- To protect our customers and Venum Group sites from fraud and theft, we may share your personal data necessary to perform identity checks and personal data (including data about your age, name and location) with other Venum Group companies and third party organizations (including law enforcement agencies) involved in fraud prevention and detection and credit risk reduction. Please note that these third parties may retain a copy of the information we provide to them for this purpose;
- if we are required to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation;
- to our professional advisors: lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers, who provide banking, legal, consulting, insurance and accounting services.
Data and Countries Outside of Europe
Whenever we transfer personal data outside the EU, we will ensure that a similar level of protection is provided by ensuring that appropriate measures are in place as required by law. This includes imposing specific contractual clauses approved by the European Commission that ensure the same level of protection for personal data as is offered in Europe.
Please contact us if you would like more information about the countries to which we may transfer your personal data and the specific mechanism we use when we transfer your personal data outside the EU.
You have various rights under the Data Protection Act. In relevant cases, you have the right to:
- request access to your personal data
- request rectification of your personal data
- request the erasure of your personal data
- request a restriction in relation to the processing of your personal data
- request the transfer of your personal data
- object to the processing of your personal data
- object to the automated decision making process
- Request a human intervention
Some details on each of these rights.
Requesting access to your personal data
You have the right to obtain a copy of your personal data held by us and certain information relating to our processing of your personal data.
Request for rectification of your personal data
You have the right to have your personal data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete. You can update your personal data at any time by logging into your account and updating your information.
Requesting the deletion of your personal data
You have the ability to request Venum Bleu Dragon to delete your personal data, where we have no good reason to continue processing it. Please note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request for deletion for specific legal reasons, which will be notified to you, if any, at the time of your request.
Request to restrict the processing of your personal data
You have the right to request Venum Bleu Dragon to stop processing your personal data in certain circumstances, for example if you want us to establish the accuracy of the data, or if you have objected to our use of your data, as we need to verify whether we have compelling legitimate reasons to do so. In case of restricted processing, we are allowed to keep enough information about you to ensure compliance with the restriction in the future.
Request for transfer of your personal data
You have the right to receive a digital copy of your personal data or to request the transfer of your personal data to another company. However, please note that this right only applies to automated data for which you have given us permission to use or which we have used to perform a contract with you.
Objecting to the processing of your personal data
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data even when we believe we have a legitimate interest in processing it (as described above). You also have the right to object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we can prove that we have compelling and legitimate reasons for processing your data that override your rights and freedoms.
Request human intervention for automated decision making and profiling.
You have the right to request human intervention when we make automated decisions in processing your personal data. If necessary, this type of processing is permitted, as part of our contract with you, provided that appropriate safeguards are in place or, your explicit consent has been obtained.
We will endeavor to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally, it may take us longer than one month if your request is particularly complex or if you have made a series of requests. If this is the case, we will keep you informed. We may request your specific information, which will help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to exercise any of the above rights. This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to anyone who does not have the right to receive it.
If you have any concerns or complaints about the way we process your data, please send us a letter directly to SAS DRAGON BLEU, 7, Rue du Sagittaire 94150 RUNGIS FRANCE.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
From time to time, we may modify the terms of this privacy notice. In the event of significant changes, we will post updates on our website, on our applications or we will notify you by email.
HOW TO CONTACT US
We welcome your comments and are happy to answer any questions you may have regarding your data.
Please send your questions, comments or requests for information to our designated representative and data protection officer, who can be contacted at SAS DRAGON BLEU, 7, Rue du Sagittaire 94150 RUNGIS FRANCE.
This privacy notice was last updated on 03/01/2022.
VENUM DRAGON BLEU
Registration number : 453398810 RCS CRETEIL